There will be no one like Craig Tester who will immobilize your hearts and minds upon the very first glance of the famous documentary series, The Curse of Oak Island. His drilling and engineering skills are simply extraordinary. Tester is also a successful businessman. Want to know more about this intriguing personality? Keep reading to get a sneak peek into his personal life, career, family and his net worth.
About Craig Tester
Craig Tester is one of the crew members as well as the producer of the well-known documentary series The Curse of Oak Island, aired on the History channel. The central theme of the series is a quest to find a 200-year-old treasure that is believed to be buried in Oak Island. In addition to that, Tester is a businessman and a superb mechanical engineer. His expertise in digging and drilling activities significantly contribute to the success of the documentary.
Early Life And Family
Craig took birth in the Glendale city of California on 16th February 1961 as the third child of Robert Tester and Eleanor Tester.
Tester attended a school in Central Montcalm and studied at Delta Upsilon College, where he met Marty Lagina as his roommate. From then, they developed a strong bond that ultimately led to the formation of The Curse of Oak Island. He holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Technological University.
Craig Tester is married to Rebecca Tester and they have one child named Drake Tester. Drake expired in 2017 due to epilepsy. He has two stepchildren: Jack Begley and Madeline Begley. Tester was so heartbroken by the demise of his son that he decided to quit The Curse of Oak Island. Fortunately, Tester continued the project and appeared in another series related to Oak Island in 2023.
Career And Major Milestones
Significant milestones in the life of Craig Tester include:
- Soon after obtaining his BS, Tester started investing in mechanical engineering and oil business. His excellent engineering skills is the major factor that shaped his engineering career.
- In 2014, he appeared in The Curse of Oak Island.
- He appeared on two other series: “The Curse of Oak Island: Drilling Down” (2016) and “Beyond Oak Island” (2020).
- Tester is a member of Oak Island Tours, Inc., a company that owns the majority of the land in Oak Islands and organizes tourist activities to the island.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Craig Tester
- Some sources reveal that Tester possesses a part of Oak Island- the shooting destination of The Curse of Oak Island.
- Tester wanted to become a professional wrestler while he was young. He took part in various wrestling competitions and knocked off many professional wrestlers of that time.
- He is a talented businessman. He is the Vice President of Heritage Sustainable Energy, the largest wind turbine company in Michigan owned by his best friend Marty Lagina.
Net Worth of Craig Tester
According to the latest updates, the net worth of Craig Tester is $5 million. He’s an able businessman and a skilled engineer. Being part of The Curse of Oak Island significantly boosted his income.