United States data shows that most children who get COVID-19 have a mild or even asymptomatic sickness, there are new reports emerging that some children may have a complication that can be serious & life-threatening.
Full list of ‘New Symptoms of COVID-19 in Children’
The new symptoms found in children linked to COVID-19 named MIS-C (Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it can lead to serious issues with the heart & other organs in the kid’s body.
- Prolonged fever (over 2 days)
- Rashes on the full or part of the body
- Conjunctivitis (redness of the white part of the eye)
- Stomachache mild to heavy
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- A large, swollen lymph node in the neck
- Red, cracked lips
- A tongue that is redder than usual and looks like a strawberry
- Swollen hands and/or feet
- Irritability and/or unusual sleepiness or weakness.
What parents need to know about New COVID-19/MIS-C Symptoms in Children
- It is rare – There is a lot about it in the news media, the total number of COVID-19 cases in children are actually low
- It is treatable – Doctors have had good success rate using different treatments for inflammation, and treatment to support organ systems that are having issues.
- It is serious – So, it’s important to be stay informed.