If you’re into the printing business, you must have heard of the holographic vinyl technique. It is one of the most common methods for obtaining beautiful designs in a range of items. The trimming of holographic vinyl is just like other types of vinyl, available in around 16 color schemes.
This pleasing and lively material transforms its color according to the light and angle. Moreover, it is very simple to employ. It does not matter what item you apply it on, it will offer a reflective sheen of metallic, similar to Cricut vinyl. As it transforms with the lighting, it is regarded as one of the best items for fabric printing.
For beginning printing with holographic vinyl on cloth, having a Cricut device or a trimming tool is vital. As soon as you learn about the items used in printing, you will know that using holographic vinyl is similar to using shiny vinyl. One may use it for both trimming and weeding; however, it is comparatively thicker. Sometimes, you don’t even need a transfer sheet to place it into work.
Here are Some Basic Items Required for Using Holographic Vinyl on Cloth:
Applying Cricut holographic vinyl on cloth, pillows, blankets, covers, and basket liners helps put an eye-catching luster to them. As the item is radiant, it brings a sense of wonder to everything!
By using the right materials, one can achieve excellent results on holographic vinyl. Here we have listed the most essential items needed for achieving the desired results:
• Cricut machine,
• Cricut Design Space or Joy app,
• Cricut Heat app or Guide,
• HTVRont transfer tape,
• Weeding device,
• Iron-on protective paper,
• Premium sharp cutter,
• Cricut Heating Iron or Auto press,
• Trimming mat,
• Holographic vinyl.
Crucial Steps to Remember Before Utilizing Holographic Vinyl on Shirts:
Before starting anything relating to printing, it is crucial to follow the procedure mentioned below.
1. Always wash the fabric, without a softener as it helps with pre-shrinking and eradicating the chemicals. Thus, prohibiting strong adhesion.
2. Perform a trimming test of a small design as it might assist you with the adjustments.
3. For verifying the usage settings, carry out test trimming on an inauspicious portion of the cloth.
4. Avoid using a shaky pressing surface and go for a flat, firm, and waist-high pressing one.
For obtaining a design similar to its color before the application, we suggest using the item in white. It is because holographic iron-on colors appear differently on colored surfaces.
What Steps to Follow for Designing, Trimming, and Weeding of Vinyl?
1. Employing an appropriate design software, size your ideal sketch.
2. Reflect the mats and remove the film from the holographic iron-on vinyl.
Mirroring the mats should be done, especially if you are utilizing the Design Space software. But if you’re utilizing the Circuit Joy software, it will automatically reflect the sketch while choosing the heat-transfer material.
1. From the list of available items, choose holographic iron-on.
2. Now adjust your iron-on sheet, liner face down, onto the trimming mat.
3. Fill it into the Cricut Explore device and begin trimming the sketch.
Always remember to double-check the cutting adjustments because all HTVRont (Heat Transfer Vinyl) have varied settings. One may also choose to try out a test cut if they are having second thoughts.
1. Now peel out or weed the sketch and rip off any excess parts.
2. You must employ a heat press with more pressing and less ironing.
What Procedure to Follow for Putting Your Sketch on the Cloth?
1. Turn on the heating iron and adjust the temperature to 320 degrees F.
2. Let it warm for around 10 minutes and place the alarm for 15 seconds.
3. Warn the cloth or base material by employing suitable methods.
4. Remember to use a lint roller on its surface to get rid of any lint.
5. Locate its neck and sleeve seams off the rear and edge of the iron.
6. Put your sketch on the material with the liner side on the top.
7. Pleat the carrier paper of your outline in half and put it in the center.
8. Locate a Teflon paper on your design and let it sit for 15 seconds.
9. Turn the fabric over to heat the backside of the sketch as well.
10. With the help of a cool peel, detach the liner from the base fabric.
Some Crucial Tips to Remember When Heat Applying Modal Material:
In case you are using a home press for printing, change its setting to wool and be sure to turn off the steam adjustment. And before putting the design on the base fabric, make sure it is warmed for at least 10 to 15 seconds. One must position the press directly onto the liner by employing average force and move it continuously in a slow and circular motion for about a minute.
When you turn the fabric over, follow the same procedure again. It means employing average pressure with the help of a heat pressing tool in a circular motion for a minute. When everything is done, wait for a whole day before cleaning the material one more time!
If you wish the print lasts a lifetime, always remember to clean and dry the material inside-out on a delicate cycle. One must also iron it from the backside. And, just in case the places of the iron-on fabric start lifting after a wash, follow the entire application procedure again!
Besides the points mentioned above, it is essential to use fewer presses and parchment paper in place of a Teflon sheet as cover. It is also equally crucial to lower the heating temperature to 270 degrees Fahrenheit and increase the pressing duration from 5 to 10 seconds.
Holographic Heat Transfer Vinyl is one of the most convenient and beautiful materials that one can use for printing purposes. It is so because HTV enhances the beauty of any material as it provides a slightly raised effect and feels, creating a multi-dimensional effect and taking our design to a whole new level!