There is no doubt ceiling heating is one of the best ways to control the temperature of the rooms in freezing weather without even using electric heaters. However, there are some things that you must keep in mind if you want your ceiling heaters to work in the best ways possible.
Electric heaters are not only expensive but there are some other drawbacks as well related to them. This is why people living in cold countries prefer to install ceiling heaters while constructing their homes. And this idea has been used since the early times.
There might be someplace at your home that always remains chilly. People always tend to use portable electric heaters to solve this problem. But do you know that this can be dangerous for your little kids? Other drawbacks include short circuits and obstructing the space in your room. According to www.futofolia.hu, to avoid these issues, one must choose alternative options, such as ceiling heating systems.
In this article, we will share with you some tips or ways to maximize the efficiency of your ceiling heaters.
8 ways to warm up a cold room without actually plugging an electric heater
1. Replacing the filters of your furnace heaters
Do you know that the main problem with the heating system arises when furnace filters are dirty. Therefore, make sure that you clean the filter regularly or replace it whenever required. Usually, in the winter seasons, the furnace filters need to be replaced or changed at least once a month.
2. Check if all the vents are open
Every furnace technician advises its customers to check all the vents in the room and make sure that they are open. Sometimes furniture or some equipment can also block the vents, restricting the airflow. So, rearrange your stuff if required to solve your heating issues.
3. A ceiling fan improves the efficiency of your ceiling heating system
If you are looking for some cost-effective tool that can boost the efficiency of your ceiling heaters, then try using ceiling fans.
The air that is heated naturally flows in the upward direction towards the roof, and the blades of the ceiling fan help push it down and spread it all over your living area. Having a ceiling fan makes sure that the heated air remains distributed equally in your room.
4. Limit heat losses from your home
Another way in which you can improve the efficiency of your ceiling heating system is to prevent any heat losses from your home. But do you know how you can limit your losses? This problem can be solved by using insulated doors or windows and screens or shutters to restrict the losses occurring via the openings.
5. Use rugs for your floor
Do you have any idea that the heat can even escape through your floor boards? Purchase a rug made up of wool to create insulation on your floor. A material like wool is great for the purpose of trapping the heat inside it. Therefore, you can comfortably enjoy the coziness at your place.
6. Close the doors of the rooms that you don’t use frequently
There might be some places or bedrooms in your home that you don’t often use. So, you don’t have to waste the heat accumulated in your home by your ceiling heaters. That is why it would be better if you close the doors of the spaces that are not in your usage.
7. Check if there are no leakages on the surface of your roof
Sometimes bad weather conditions can cause leaks or may damage the surface of your roofs. Therefore, if you don’t want the cold air to enter your house, make sure that your roof does not contain any potential damages or leakages.
8. Keeping curtains open in the daytime
Another way in which you can heat your space effectively is to make the proper use of your curtains. When the sun is out in the daytime, make sure to keep your curtains open, so the warmth of the sunlight can enter your space. However, it is better to close them at night to create insulation and to minimize the losses of heat.
SOME TIPS TO INSTALL CEILING HEATING SYSTEM
There are experts who believe that installing radiant heating systems in the ceiling is more efficient than portable electric heaters. They are about 20 percent more efficient according to various researches. If you also want to install one in your home, then study the following tips that can be helpful in the process of installation.
● Panels that are visible: If you have an already existing home and want to install a ceiling heater, then you may have to install a panel that will be visible. A panel on view is very easily installable. All you have to do is to purchase a panel and screw it to the roof of your house.
● Panel for small spaces: Are you looking for a heating panel for some small space? If yes, then don’t worry because it is again a very simple method to install it. You just have to buy a small sized panel from some DIY store that is easily available near your place. Just get your screws ready to attach the panel with the ceiling.
● Renovating your home: Sometimes it becomes difficult to install a ceiling heater in an already constructed building. However, if you are thinking of renovating the whole of your building including its ceilings, then you should consider replacing the old heating system and even installing a new one if you don’t have one already.
TO SUM UP
Portable electric heaters not only consume a lot of power but also have many other disadvantages. That is why it is recommended to use ceiling heating systems to tackle the extremely cold weather conditions. Try the ways mentioned above to increase the efficiency of your ceiling heaters.